Saturday, May 9, 2015

Burp Cloths for a Boy

While I was away in Oklahoma last week, one of the co-owners of my local quilt shop in California, In Between Stitches, gave birth to a baby boy, her first child. Carson weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz and is so adorable, wrapped in a receiving blanket with little bees on it - just like the shop's logo! How appropriate.



Since my traditional method of ramping up my quilting after returning from travel is to make burp cloths or pillowcases, this was perfect timing for me. I decided to whip out a few in boy friendly flannels. Mom Melissa is a younger quilter of the modern bent so I tried to pick more graphic fabrics that I thought might appeal to her.


Of course I had to appeal to me too, so those lions and elephants and owls snuck in there, but paired with a graphic. And, since the motto of the store is "a place where friendships grow", I could not resist the Folk Tale friends flannel in the middle. You can never have too many burp cloths.


I plan to drop these off at the store as soon as I have pre-washed them so they will be ready for use. Congratulations on the arrival of Carson!

No comments:

Post a Comment