Saturday, February 20, 2021

Third Saturday of February 2021

For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this month, the theme was "Hearts" or "Love".  Shown from left to right the quilts are Four Hearts and It's a Party. I think it is fun the way the Welcome sign and its shadow are in the first photo.



Four Hearts (25" square)
Four Hearts is one of the first quilts I made during my Debbie Mumm era, a decade or so ago. It pre-dates my blogging, so it was made prior to 2011. I do still have the pattern I used, ©1990. Hmmm. I just might make it again in greens for St Patrick's Day in March. It would make a great four leaf clover.



It's a Party (47"square)
It's a Party was made for my fourth granddaughter and this quilt is definitely embedded with love. Posts on this quilt for its assembling, FMQing, and completion are dated 2/11/212/15/21, and 2/19/21 respectively. It is my most recently finished quilt.


Hang Your Quilt Day Beginnings
Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/20.

1 comment:

  1. That four-heart quilt would make a great four-leave clover! It would definitely look great done up in modern green, and maybe even with some flecks of gold in the border :-) It's a party looks super cute, and I will have to ask to see it in person whenever I make it out to see my niece.

    ReplyDelete