Saturday, January 15, 2022

Third Saturday of January 2022

Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/2020. For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this January, I chose to hang my quilt Sunny Spring Frost which measures 72" x 72". 

The theme this month was "Celebration" and the jewel tones of this quilt are the harbingers of spring. The stars reminded me of the fireworks on New Year's Eve. Sunny Spring Frost is based on the Earth, Wind, and Fire pattern by Linda Ballard. Her class called for three color families with six fabrics in each, but I instead explored jewel tones and their pastel counterparts. My 'families' were jewel, pastel, and yellow. 'Sunny' refers to the center of each Ohio Star and the diagonal yellow chains; 'Spring' to the color palette; and 'Frost' to the batik backing and binding. More details on this quilt are in my blog post dated 7/24/2013.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt!!! It's exciting to see it displayed rather than folded in the chest, and hanging really shows off the pattern. This is definitely one of my favorite creations by you, I love the color palette.

    ReplyDelete