Saturday, July 16, 2022

Third Saturday of July 2022

For July, my guild was encouraged to hang colorful quilts of no particular theme. I chose to display four Hawaiian themed 30" by 30" wall hangings I made earlier this year.  They are postage stamp style quilts with 2" size individual squares assembled in a pixellated grid fashion. They are named from left to right. Each name is followed by the link to its blog post, which contains closeups.



Here is a view of their reverse side from indoors. They were backed with coordinating batik prints of rings.

Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is in my blog post dated 4/22/2020.

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing in the sunlight, all paired together, with their colors shining through in the natural light. I am just now realizing it's the same backing print only in 4 different colors! But they look amazing (and also, so does your yard), so well done!

    ReplyDelete