Saturday, October 15, 2022

Third Saturday of October 2022

For October I chose to display the black and orange colors symbolic of Halloween but in more muted tones.  The pattern I used is Midnight Crossing by Fig Tree & Company and the Moda fabric line is All Hallow's Eve. I just complete this quilt last night and have not yet written its final blog post. It measures 68½" x  68½" and the title on its label is X_MARKS_THE_SPOT.





Hang Your Quilt Day
Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is in my blog post dated 4/22/2020.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful finish - and just in time for a monthly showcase! Those colors look great nestled in the fall foliage, but I can't tell what print you chose for the back! The sunlight also really shows off your FMQ to great advantage, in the close-ups.

    ReplyDelete