Monday, October 3, 2011

Animal Prints

Normally I am not a fan of the African safari look.  I generally do not wear black, and most wild animals are, well, let's face it, a pretty dull color to blend in with the heat waves on those dusty hot savannahs. Well, I "spotted" these cute animal print pumpkin plant stakes at the Alden Lane Quilting in the Garden.    They make me think of leopard cubs or baby giraffes. 
I also bought the quilt pattern called Gumballs several days previous. It is supposed to be made out of ten 5/8 yd cuts of batiks of one color family.  
Africa animals are a family, aren't they? I thought it would be fun to make it from animal prints. Do I have any animal prints in my stash?  Of course not.  Guess I will just have to go on a fabric safari to collect them!




1 comment:

  1. I love both the pattern and the pumpkins! And your blog looks really snazzy, too! That's a great photo of you, I am glad to see my quilt, and I am SO excited we will get to track each other here as well.

    Tomorrow I will post pics of the super cute pumpkin holders I got in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete