Saturday, October 23, 2021

Operation Tea Towel

These bright yellow and bold graphics of this tea towel caught my eye. I made two pillows with four tea towels for both households of my grandchildren to give with the name sake game to match. For each pillow, all it took was two towels back to back, sewn on two long sides and the top, with a zipper between at the bottom. 


I did not take out the folded edges – just sewed through them. Instead of pinning the heavy fabric I used Clover Wonder Clips to hold the two towels in position while I stitched using a heavier 90/14 needle that was recommended for sturdy denims or other jean type fabrics. A standard size pillow fits inside. I have made a robot pillow previously from science museum tea towels and collected the tips in this 6/9/19 post. It is a fast, fun, and easy project.


I introduced my five year old granddaughter to the operation game during a visit last weekend. I was very impressed with her intense concentration and with the steadiness of her hand in removing the various body parts. She giggled a lot at the buzzing sound when she missed, so we had fun.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun, quick project! We had a dinosaur version of that game, but it was inexpensively made and the tongs pulled apart rather quickly. It's a classic, though, so maybe we should try again!

    ReplyDelete