Saturday, February 19, 2022

Third Saturday of February 2022

Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/2020. The theme this February was"Valentines" which I interpreted as hearts. For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this month, I chose to hang my quilts Anthurium (completed just yesterday), Doll Quilt, and an untitled cheater cloth wallhanging with baskets and hearts.


Anthurium
I just completed this Hawaiian type wallhanging yesterday. It measure 30" square. My blog post about it is dated 2/18/2022.


Doll Quilt
This is an old favorite displayed before. Made in 2012, it measures 55" x 63". A blog post about it is dated 4/10/2012.

Baskets
I displayed this quilt for an April 2021 "Hang Your Quilt Day" for an Easter Theme but I am pressing it into service this February for a Valentine's theme because of the hearts. Too old, circa 1980's, to have a post of its own, more details of it can be found in my post for the Third Saturday of April 2021. It measures 32" square.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that basket quilt (was that up in your sewing room?" and I remember those Dolls from when you picked the BOM in one of your quilt guilds (maybe the lab one?) Both of these are great quilts (I hadn't remembered the hearts in the doll quilt, but it's a nice addition), and I am glad they are getting their time in the sun: figuratively and literally!

    ReplyDelete