Saturday, September 17, 2022

Third Saturday of September 2022

For September I chose to display three small wall hangings. Apples for the teacher ties in with a Back to School theme. A windblown pattern of a mystery quilt makes me think of blustery hay rides in the fall. Then, for fun, I threw in some chickens that might be running around during apple picking or hay rides because the colors seemed to play well with the other two. The following pictures show the fronts and the backs of the quilts.


Apple  Quilt - measures 27" wide x 40" tall
The pattern is a Debbie Mumm design from her book Quick Country Quilting ©1992. 
This wall hanging  pre-dates my blogging days so it has no DianeLoves2Quilt blog link. 




Windblown Quilt - measures 40" square.
This was a mystery quilt I made rom Debbie Mumm fabrics in her one of her signature color palettes of brick red, maize straw, and soft green. For the pale neutrals I drew from a fat quarter stack of subtle beige plaids and checks. This wall hanging also pre-dates my blogging days so it has no DianeLoves2Quilt blog link. 



Chicken Quilt - measures 34" square
The chicken quilt was started long ago from a Button Weeds pattern We're Chicken ©1994 but finally completed in 2014 in my blog post Chickened Out.







Hang Your Quilt Day
Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is in my blog post dated 4/22/2020.

2 comments:

  1. The chicken quilt makes me think of Katie, my SIL in Ohio. She loves chickens and has a big coop. They raise birds for eggs and meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Debbie Mumm day! I remember the apple quilt (now you could get rid of the checkers in the center and market the block as "8-bit apple", I suspect), and I THINK I remember the pinwheel quilt too. That Chicken quilt is a hoot!... Or maybe a cluck ;-) This looks like a fun assortment for fall, and I'm so glad you are able to trot your quilts out and let them breathe every so often!

    ReplyDelete