Saturday, December 17, 2022

Third Saturday of December 2022

I selected one quilt to display for Hang Your Quilt Day this month, the Third Saturday of December 2022. Christmas Valley with the central Christmas Cat panel is not a quilt I made, but rather one I purchased at the Voices in Cloth 2022 show by the East Bay Heritage Quilters (EBHQ)Christmas Valley measures 51"W x 58"L. It had been quilted and pieced by Sally Riggs with a central cat panel and two cornerstones made from other panels of a snowman and sleigh. The borders are made in a novelty fabric of a scenic snowy countryside. For more details about this quilt (and the show) see my blog post for 4/28/2021.








On two previous December Hang your Quilt Days, I had hung four Christmas quilts I had made myself. See my posts for 12/21/2020 and 12/18/2021 for those years. Since I'd recently acquired  Christmas Valley just this past April, I've never displayed it.

Hang Your Quilt Day
Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is in my blog post dated 4/22/2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment