Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Savage Quilter with My Daughter

After the Quilt Show in Oklahoma at the end of July 2023, Robin and I did a quick mini Shop Hop to one of her neighborhood stores that I like to visit whenever I travel out to visit her from California.  It is called Savage Quilter and is a well organized shop with color walls by hue around the perimeter for convenient fabric browsing.

I needed to curb my purchases to the limits of my suitcase but I did indulge in some retail therapy. I bought a few fat quarters in an attempt to quench out my orange binging. I also added a couple patterns and a panel. I seem to have a penchant for pumpkins and red pickup trucks with trees. These pumpkins have that peeled back rounded technique of Southwind Designs that I enjoy. These trucks are slightly more unique since they are carrying gifts and not trees.



The panel just seemed to call to me even though I have a drawer full of them. When I bought it, I reasoned with myself that I could use it on the back of a holiday quilt.


But now, after having seen this treatment for a panel at the Brentwood Quilt Show in September 2023, I am wondering if I could be a bit more creative with a judicious choice of fabric in just the perfect colorway. I enjoy pinwheel blocks and they could help put a cute "spin" on this panel. Picking the right fabrics in pink, aqua, and gray-brown, for a winter scene, would be a real blast! It is, after all, a winter scene, but not necessarily Christmas.


That's all for now. My list of want-to-do's keeps growing but is is so much easier to just dream and blog about it.

1 comment:

  1. I still love that truck/winter scenic panel, and I am/was impressed by your restraint. The oranges you picked are lovely (I think I impulse bought the third-from-the-left print in pink on a TSQ visit), and the patterns are both very inspiring!

    I'll admit I need to rein my fabric spending in, I tried to clean out my sewing room today and it got kind of depressing.

    ReplyDelete