Monday, December 18, 2023

Boudoir Bathing Tote

As a quick gift for a friend recently having surgery I whipped up this tote bag. It is the second one I have made. The first one, in a knitting theme focus fabric, was for my sister and is shown in my post for 9/30/23. The pattern I used was Turn It Into a Tote, a one-page set of instructions designed by the shop owner of Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove, CA. The pattern takes only ½ yard of a theme fabric and 1 yard of another coordinate. It is fast becoming one of my go-to patterns especially for gifting.


The bathing beauties of the theme fabric are so outrageously self-indulgent they seem to evoke a smile, just as one should be when pampering oneself after surgery. I chose the lining and strap fabric in a cool tone color combination of mint and aqua. The shapes reminded me of the flagstone flooring you might find in an upscale luxurious bathroom ensuite. I included the extra fabric with the tote to display the other ladies. One can never get enough of relaxing in bubble baths.

1 comment:

  1. It’s a whimsical bag that brings a smile and holds quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete