Friday, February 28, 2014

Rainy Day Books

We finally are getting the rain we so desperately need here. It is a beautiful sight as I gaze out my sewing room window into our backyard. Everything looks so fresh and clean and the colors of the pink blossoms on the plum trees and yellow leaves on the euonymus bushes are so vibrant.



In keeping with the rain-inspired mood, I sewed up two cloth books that were wet-day related. These are two books I already had in my stash before I bought the ten more books at the quilting and sewing show in San Mateo. (See my February 23, 2014 post about those ten books.) They'd been cut out and just needed the batting added before being sewn. First is The Tale of Jemima Puddle~Duck. The first photo is the back cover on the left and the front cover on the right. The subsequent photos are the pages of the book in reading order. The last photo is manufacturer's information for the book.








Next up is a book about what to do when the weather is not sunny called Rainy Day Games. I bought this book at the San Mateo show in February of 2013, only one year ago, and I am already sewing it up after only twelve months residence time in my stash! The first photo is the back cover on the left and the front cover on the right. The subsequent photos are the pages of the book in reading order. The words of the verses of the poem are cute. If you cannot read them in the photos, they are all typed out in my February 23, 2013 post titled Went Shopping. I really must have liked the poem back then, too. The last photo is manufacturer's information for the book.








A grey day does not make me feel very ambitious, so making up these two books was just the right amount of effort to expend. Counting two cloth books remaining in my stash from a year ago (February 2013 show), plus the ten I just bought this week (February 2014 show), I only have twelve left to complete. Any progress whatsoever in the fabrication and distribution of my cloth literary collection is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment