Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Waste Not, Want Not

In my post for Fill-In Baby Projects I showed a cloth book titled Thor and the Days of Yore and stated that I wanted to make the image of the dragon into a stuffed doll (February 7, 2014). Instead I made a pillowcase for a 12" x 16" pillow which included the text from the book.


I folded up that part of the panel that had the instructions so only the verses of the poem from the book showed and seamed it on either side of the dragon's feet.  Then I cut away the part covering his feet and sewed it close to the edge like a reverse applique. I added enough confetti print fabric at the bottom to extend the long dimension of the pillow and cut a pillow back out of the confetti fabric wide enough to wrap around. Last I added a purple paint splatter contrast border. Here is the manufacturer's information for the fabric panel for the cloth book.


My daughter loved the book when she read about it in my blog and my granddaughter will have it with the pillowcase and pillow in her hands for Valentine's Day. Silly, I know, but I just could not bear to toss away that poem and dragon leftover from the book panel. Waste not, want not.

No comments:

Post a Comment