Monday, January 2, 2023

Blocking and Completion of Three-peat Cardigan

Although I claimed completion of this crocheted cardigan for my 2022 goals in my 12/31/2022 post, there was still the blocking and other details required to be truly finished. To keep me honest, here is the post verifying those finishing touches. I sewed in all those strings from starts and stops and yarn joinings. Happily there were no side or sleeve seams to deal with. Those snipped off scraps are on the right.


Pinning the skirt to my ironing board, I steam blocked the lacy area to bring out its detail and to help those purple picot tips along the edge jut out. I steam blocked the lacy edges on the sleeves, too, but forgot to take a picture of that.



I sewed on those three whale buttons my granddaughter selected. The cardigan is now ready to be mailed and hopefully to be worn. I sure hope it is as much a winner as the first two were... pink per my 1/13/2016 post, and lilac per my 10/19/2016 post.


No comments:

Post a Comment