Monday, January 27, 2020

Pillowcases for Fellow Knitter

I got an email reminder for this year’s Stitches West 2020 Show and this made me think of my knitting friend Linda in New Hampshire. I thought this knitting sheep fabric was perfect, so I made this standard size pair of complementary pillowcases for her.


The fabrics are from totally different designers and manufacturers – Timeless Treasures Fabrics, Gail Cadden for the wooly knitters and Moda Fabrics, Deb Strain for the multi-colored leaves – but I loved the way they played together, just like those whimsical sheep. Or are they lambs? Nope, they are sheep. They are wearing glasses so ewe gotta believe they are grandmas.



These next two are king-sized pillowcases. I could not pass up the teeny lamb fabric since they symbolize knitting to me. Yes, I know that synthetic yarns now allow sheep to keep their warm wooly coats, but lambs can still be the my symbolic mascot for the craft of knitting. I have had this pale blue fabric since my kids were babies and they are now 33, 36, and 39 so I could not find any selvage information. It is old so there is probably none available for sale anywhere. Oh wait! I still have some leftover...



The ¾" diameter dots are a Riley Blake Design. I thought it was funny to have dots as big as the sheep. The two fabric combination makes it appear like the sheep are stylized polka dots in themselves.


I had fun picking out the fabrics and making the pillowcases. I hope they will be fun to use.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the knitter friend in New Hampshire. Thanks again, Diane. The pillowcases are wonderful. Fun, cute, and well made. I can't wait to use them. Also appreciated are the stitch markers and needle sizer. You are one of the most thoughtful people I know. You are always thinking of others and so very generous in sharing your talents. I love reading your blogs even though I don't always take the time to comment. Most of the time I can't remember my darned password in order to comment and get frustrated. Again, thank you for the lovely surprise. I'll keep reading and, hopefully, commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, those knitting sheep are ADORABLE! And it looks like the pillows were well-received. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete