Saturday, July 18, 2020

Third Saturday of July 2020

For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this month, my husband Frank and I hung two quilts today meeting the theme "Christmas in July". After putting up the first Simple Gifts quilt in front of the garage door, Frank stepped down from the ladder too abruptly, taking several unintentional, unbalanced steps backwards. Fortunately he plopped his butt on the front hood of my car, which was conveniently parked in front of the garage door, instead of winding up slamming his a** on the hard cement of the driveway. This echoed of him falling off a ladder November of 2017 and breaking his hip, hanging curtains for me. I am declaring no more ladder work!


I stood on a bench and he helped me hang the second Grinch quilt by the front door. For future use, I just placed an order with Amazon for a stand for hanging quilts or banners. No more pulley systems or ladder risks for us. With age comes wisdom.


Links in my DianeLoves2Quilt blog for these two quilts, which I have deployed before, and a link in my WanderOrPonder blog for Frank's broken hip are
  • Grinch 7/2/2014 (DianeLoves2Quilt)
  • Simple Gifts 6/10/2015 (DianeLoves2Quilt)
  • Frank's broken hip 12/15/16 (WanderOrPonder)

1 comment:

  1. Whoa - that's scary! I'm glad Dad is OK. Did he (and you) stick to this proclamation for this comign Christmas? I still love both the Simple Gifts and the Grinch quilts - the are two of my favorites & I have fond memories of coming out to see the Grinch on Display at Alden Lane. I'll be anxious to hear how the quilt hangar works out, and I congratulate you on another fabulous quilt display!

    ReplyDelete