Wednesday, January 13, 2021

2021 Quilting Goals

Here it is, nearly halfway into January, and I have yet to formulated my quilting goals for 2021. I will be blunt. At this point, I am uninspired and unmotivated to develop lofty, well-articulated goals. My best guess for 2021 is that I will be sheltered in place from COVID-19 for one-third to one-half the year. I will be unable to browse quilt shows or fabric stores and unable to attend classes but will have more time on my hands to sew at home. So what should a compatible 2021 goal be? I know...

I will become a closet quilter! 
I will make items from fabric and kits that are in my closet and tools that are in my drawers.
While closeted away I will continue to interface remotely with the community. 


I therefore present a laundry style to-do list in lieu of generalized concepts. I will be pleased indeed if I accomplish the following:

  • Complete three kits from my closet
    • The Quilt Show Block of  the Month project Color My World
    • Moda Halloween kit Midnight Crossings
    • Moda Christmas kit To Be Jolly


  • Utilize tools and organize scraps
    • Experiment with rulers to increase my FMQ skills
    • Corral and manage scraps

  • Interface with community
    • Participate in Hang your Quilt Day each month
    • Continue blogging and creating blog books
I have a new granddaughter, Irene recently born earlier this week on January 11th, 2021. Goals this year also include a quilt for her and the traditional knitted vintage stocking I make for my children's spouses and all grandchildren. My husband's aunt started this tradition by knitting stockings for him and me and our three children. Not shown in the following photo are stockings for grandchildren Lillian, William, and Irene. Irene's will be the eighth stocking I will be knitting. Now that I know her name, I can start now!

1 comment:

  1. We always, always make New Year’s resolutions and goals and we, too, have been uninspired to do so for 2021. So many of our 2020 goals had to be modified and who knows what we’ll be able to accomplish this year as the pandemic continues. So far, the only goals for this year that I could think of were to loose all the baby weight and sleep train Irene - those can be accomplished inside or outside of a pandemic!

    ReplyDelete