Saturday, November 20, 2021

Third Saturday of November 2021

For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this November, I cut back to displaying half the number of quilts I'd displayed for the Third Saturday of November in 2020. The two I did show this year are repeats, again echoing a Thanksgiving theme. 


The Pumpkin Time quilt hanging on the left measures 42" x 50" and was made from a several-year-old panel and some re-purposed checkerboard blocks from a previous project. The central pathway in each of the five images leads to a quaint home.  My post about sewing Pumpkin Time is dated 11/22/2020. The checkerboard quilt hanging on the right measures 40" x 40" and its title is Gobble. The nine Ohio Star blocks that make it up have novelties fabrics of turkey and Indian corn. My 11/8/2020 post gives closeups and more details. I took the photos again today when there was better lighting in the afternoon.


Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/20. I have participated every month since then except this past October 2021 when we were away. Instead I blogged an alternative indoor October 2021 display, not as visual but still remembering the essential workers.

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember either of these makes but they sure do both look good! A friend and I were talking the other day about one-day holidays (like thanksgiving, St. Patrick's day) vs. Multip-day holidays (like Christmas, Easter). After so many Christmas quilts, it's good to have a some Thanksgiving quilts under your belt! I love the scenic on the left, but the colors on the one on the right are spot-on.

    ReplyDelete