Saturday, May 21, 2022

Third Saturday of May 2022

My most recently completed quilt is Quilt by Number. I chose to display it for May's Hang Your Quilt Day; the colors are appropriately spring-like. Details about this quilt are in my 5/12/22 post titled Quilt by the Numbers - Finishing.



Details about the FMQ of the circles and diamonds are respectively in my two posts



Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is in my blog post dated 4/22/2020.

UPDATE:
I just checked out my front window to assure myself that the quilt had not blown over in the wind. It hadn't. It kind of tickled me to peek out and see it from this vantage point. This view reminded me as I walked by that my hard work did finally pay off (despite my self-critiques during creation).

1 comment:

  1. You are a brave soul, putting a quilt with that much white outdoors... I'd never try that in Oklahoma with our red dirt! But it looks awesome in the sunlight- which really does show off all those little circles, big circles, and diamonds in the quilting - and you should be proud! That backing also does look great against the flowers.

    ReplyDelete