Sunday, November 20, 2022

Third Saturday of November 2022

These are two quilts I selected to display for Hang Your Quilt Day this month, the Third Saturday of November 2022. The checkerboard quilt hanging on the left measures 40" x 40" and its title is Gobble. The nine Ohio Star blocks that make it up have novelties fabrics of turkey and Indian corn. My 11/8/2020 post gives closeups and more details. The spiral table runner on the right is a favorite pattern of mine. My 11/4/2011 post has details for making it.




Hang Your Quilt Day
Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is in my blog post dated 4/22/2020.

1 comment: