Thursday, November 1, 2018

Halloween Decor

It was Halloween morning yesterday and I had not yet gotten around to decorating. Of necessity, I decided to go low impact this year but the decor still came out pleasing. I went through my quilts and had even forgotten about some of them. I draped these two over the back of the sofa. The link for the one on the left is in post for January 25, 2012 and the link for one on the right is in post for October 31, 2017. The one on the right will stay out for Thanksgiving.


I draped this haunted houses vignette (post for October 20, 2017) over the back of a rocker chair.


Although I'd completely forgotten about this one, it fit perfectly in the window, grinning out on trick or treaters. I hung it with suction  cups that have hooks. Its post is dated March 31, 2014.

 

My husband pulled our decoration storage bins from the attic. I pulled out my collection of pumpkins in a variety of fabrics and styles and displayed them on our hearth.


My large copper Jack o' Lantern is nestled on the floor beside the hutch, wearing a smiling, big, toothy grin.


I propped a painting I'd bought a few years ago in the other window with a piano light back-illuminating the moon.


Candy was waiting beside the front door for the trick or treaters – Hershey Kisses in a wooden pumpkin bowl and Milky Ways and Kit Kats in a black cat basket. Whoops! I just noticed that the kitty's witch hat is askew. I must fix that before next year.


Here is the view of our front door from the outside.


As the trick or treaters walked up our front walkway they passed orange lights to their left.


The scene is a bit more dramatic at night.  It conveys we are open for candy but is not intimidating. I don't do scary.


Distributing the decor took less than an hour. I must admit though, that my husband's time to get the bins from the attic for me is not included.

4 comments:

  1. Although I like all of your decorations, I especially like your outside lights - they make your house look so inviting for little trick-or-treaters! Did a lot of kids come to your house? The girls would have loved trick-or-treating at your friendly house; they got a little scared at some houses in our neighborhood that had frightening decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that window quilt idea, although I guess it has to be seasonal, because a year-round dose of sun would fade the quilt. Looks like a great house to trick or treat at! I too hope you had some takers, because I love the decor and I love the lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. Quilt was only in the window for a few days and this is the first time I have done that so there was little to no sunlight damage.

      Delete