Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Pillowcases

The week after Thanksgiving I was in Oklahoma visiting my daughter's family. I had brought sock monkey Christmas pillowcases for 4 year old Isaiah, construction shown in my post for 5/11/19.


For 7-year old Autumn I would make at least one Christmas pillowcase with her. When we turned the pillowcase, she was very particular about poking out those corners. She showed off the finished product with pride. Then she tried it on for size. I made a second identical pillowcase except that the opening was on the opposite side.





The next pair of Christmas pillowcases is for my husband Frank. They were not on our bed last night since I had them wrapped and waiting under the tree. Two days ago I was on a mission to get them finished in secret and I succeeded. I had fun picking the fabric combination. They will go on our bed tonight.




I fussy cut the border and made it a tad wider to accommodate full ornaments.


I whipped out these two pillowcases for my son Alex. I wanted them pre-washed and on his bed to sleep with Christmas Eve. In progress photos do not exist.




These will be the last of my pillowcases for 2019. Who knows what the next year will bring?

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Autumn and that pillow - she was so proud; I need to put them on her bed! She already has those purple polka-dot Grandma-made pillows there, but 'tis definitely the season! Those Christmas pillows for dad are also really striking - I love the way you turned the ornament print into a border, and I love the way that fabric uses color and to make it look Christmas-y, but not (only) in the "usual" Christmas colors. And as for Alex's pillows... I swear I remember that Santa fabric from somewhere else. Do we have a decoration from *my* childhood that was made with that fabric? like a door hangar or the back of a christmas quilt? Looking at those squat, triangular santas with the wreaths and the white polka dots just *totally* rings a bell for me. It makes me think of that panel santa quilt we used to hang, and the Ho Ho Ho door hangar, stuff that probably would even have been up on Charlotte way.

    ReplyDelete