Saturday, December 21, 2019

Those Knit Hats Again!

In July, I had made five knit Santa Hats, proud of myself that I had not put it off until the last minute of the holiday season. I described my progress on them in competition with a reading race with my sister in my post for July 15, 2019. I was ahead of the game. And then, one week before my youngest son left for his special needs Christmas camp in the chilly mountains, it occurred to me that he might like one, also. I ordered online a DMC kit of Top This!, Santa version, got it within a few days, and finished knitting it up December 11th, just in time for camp with one day to spare. This makes Santa Hat #6 that I can add to my knitting completions for 2019. I was pleased to learn that it had been chilly enough that he wore his knit Santa Hat the entire time.




I'd completed five Elf Hats in the fall per my November 4, 2019 post. Photos follow of my son's daughters wearing two of the six hats for their family and my daughter's family wearing their four hats.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Alex is in on the action, Over here, those are some well-loved hats. And it's fun to see them being worn and loved on the coast and in the heartland!!!

    ReplyDelete