Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas Season Pillowcases

There are piles of Christmas fabric on the dedicated top shelve of my stash closet. Each piece was irresistible when I purchased it, yet they do not necessarily go together with each other for a quilt. I got the idea of clearing some space in the crammed shelf by making pillowcases from these fabrics. I made four pillowcases before before running out of time/steam but I also set aside fabric selected for another pair.

A good portion of these fabrics were a raffle prize from my guild's 2017 quilt show (post for 5/2/2017). The fabrics I won there were of a party lady theme and a nutcracker theme. The party ladies I paired with some of my polka dots. Seems to me partying and polka dots naturally go together – kinda like the bubbles in champagne. I gifted this pair of pillowcases.



I made two other individual pillowcases out of snowy winter scenes. The fun part is coordinating the accent and border fabric choices with the fabric for the main body. They are king sized and will be used seasonally in our master bedroom.




Ironically, winter scene fabrics still take up the same amount of shelf space but at least it will be space on a different shelf. The occupied shelf will be in the hall linen closet rather than in my sewing room closet. 

1 comment:

  1. What a cute set of pillowcases! And I too have done the whole "I am so glad to have this fabric out of my overflowing stash shelves!... and into my overflowing completed-quilt shelves." trick, but at least you can use the pillowcases and wear them out eventually!

    ReplyDelete