Friday, December 30, 2022

Pair of Christmas Train Pillowcases

While I had the fabric combinations decided, I wanted to finish two more king-size pillowcases. The feature fabric was scenic with Christmassy red and green trains.  


I found the perfect pale blue to resemble swirling snow for the borders. For the accent red, I found a print with names from the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer TV classic special such as Clarisse, Hermey, Yukon Cornelius, The Bumble, etc.




I needed to take care that the borders were on opposite ends of the pillowcases so all trains were upright. They were, and "Voila", I have two more king size pillow cases.


I was not completely successful in my fabric reduction because here is what I have left. 
Train Fabric: 30" x WOF + twice 3" wide x 41"
Swirl Fabric: 17" x WOF
Red Accent: 7" x ½ WOF 
However, it will go in with my scraps rather than back on my Christmas shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment