Tree-mendous Holiday is the week four block for the Jolly Tree Farm Mystery quilt offered by the Fat Quarter Shop. It is made from the Poinsettia and Pear line by Sherri and Chelsi. I am still in love with this color palette. Once again I strove to make all the houndstooth in the background face the same way as I have done in previous weeks. One sawtooth star this week had houndstooth print also, so I had to pay attention when assembling it.
Sawtooth Stars
I will admit, I was getting a bit bored with sawtooth stars by this fourth week. The color palette still enchanted me but I made the two stars, two at a time so I could chain piece wherever possible. I was careful to cut two D rectangles vertical and two D rectangles horizontal for each star in the background houndstooth. Cutting the coral houndstooth was not as much an issue since all the those pieces were square. I just had to pay attention during assembly.
In the upper star section, the top two rows out of five rows total, included the tip of the tree. In the background houndstooth rectangles, C was cut vertical, A was cut horizontal, and B was square so its orientation for cutting was irrelevant.
Tree SectionJolly Tree Farm Week One: Spruced Up (8/31/26) 11½” x 18 ½”Jolly Tree Farm Week Two: Rejoice Fir-ever (9/14/26) 8½” x 11½”Jolly Tree Farm Week Three: Feelin' Pine and Dandy (9/17/26) 12½"x 20½"Jolly Tree Farm Week Four: Tree-mendous Holiday (this post) 14½"x 20½"Jolly Tree Farm Week Five: Assembly (this post) 31½"x 36½"
One more post for this quilt remains for me to publish — the quilting and binding.


No comments:
Post a Comment