Tuesday, January 15, 2019

2019 Quilting Goals

I was having a difficult time deciding what I wanted to commit to in the year 2019. My goals in 2018 were streamlined to the guidance "Maximize Enjoyment and Minimize Guilt" and were described in my post for 1/4/2018. It was a gallant goal, great for guidance, but hard to assess how successful I was in attaining it. In 2014 I had a nine bullet list and my 2014 in Review post dated 12/31/2014 will attest to the fact that I completed all items on the 2014 list. Goals for 2019 aims for the best of two worlds. The following images are reminders of my goals, an image of weighted scales on the left for 2018 and a list of check boxes on the right for 2014. Sharing the following goals with Let's Bee Social #258.

Morale boosters
  • Do what excites me when it excites me, not make it wait in a prioritized queue
  • Sew for fun, not guilt
  • Enjoy my blogging and comment regularly and generously on other's posts
  • Put at least one entry in the county fair
  • Share at least three times at a guild meeting
  • Continue to generate blog books
Craft enhancement, skill builders, inspiration
  • List, organize, possibly photograph the kits in my stash
  • Consolidate my scraps
  • Review and watch Craftsy classes I have already purchased
  • Attend guild meetings - aim for 50%
  • Attend quilt shows - aim for one major and two minor
Large Projects
Small Projects
  • Assemble the Stacy Hsu doll panels
    – one cowboy, one cowgirl, one elf pair, second elf pair, one bunny pair
  • Make up Renaissance Ribbon kits
    – kitten trio, bunny pair, iPad case
  • Burpcloths as needed
    – of course
  • Have a knitting project going

4 comments:

  1. Great goals! Dan and I always make New Year's Resolutions together and keep them on a shared note on our phone. I'm super excited that I've already accomplished two (granted, they were deferments from 2018...) - get down to my pre-William weight (finally!) and sleep train William. And now I think I'll sleep until May and then get motivated to accomplish more - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is an ambitious list of goals! I really like this one: "Do what excites me when it excites me, not make it wait in a prioritized queue." Yep, I like that one a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your goals with great interest. I love #1 and 2 of the Morale list. Yes to guilt free quilting! Good luck with it all. Oh and your profile photo is so pretty and special too! Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good set of goals! I will admit, sewing out of guilt (usually guilt that one child has received more mom-made stuff than the other as of late) has actually helped me produce a lot of things that I am proud of; so I'd be loathe to eliminate it from my repetoire of motivators entirely. When I quilted, I always tried to alternate between things that excited me, and things I'd "been meaning to do" so that I had good incentive to move the "meaning to do" projects as well. But yeah - it's no fun to put the newest pretties at the back of a prioritized queue!

    Also, I too would love to put something in the fair! B Sew Inn sponsors an entire clothing competition out here, and last year I totally *fantasized* about putting Dad's shirt in, but even with a fairly enthusiastic effort I just... wasn't going to have it ready by the submission date; not unless I cut corners I didn't want to cut, anyways. Maybe next year I'll put something I make for my kids in, now that I have figured the serger out and my seams look more professional.

    And why are you not sharing at your guild? that was one of my favorite *parts* of completing an item when I was in OKCMQG... I just wish there was an organization like that for garments these days! I do highly recommend the "donate to an art teacher" maneuver for your least-favorite scraps, and I can't wait to see the projects you finish in 2019!

    ReplyDelete