Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Dog Days

Per Merriam Webster Dog Days is defined as
the period between early July and early September when the hot sultry weather of summer usually occurs in the northern hemisphere
It is early September, and so the title of this post is appropriate, especially when combined with this feature fabric.


It is titled the Hot Dog Collection © World Art Group for PB Textiles and I paired it with a crisp navy and white stripe, Savonnerie from the American Jane fabric family of Moda to make – what else – pillowcases.


The large scale pattern just begged to be showcased and not obscured through gathering or pleating or cutting up for a quilt. Here is the pair of completed cases for our king size bed.


I chose the stripe border to echo the surfboards and the tan subtle check accent strip to reflect the sand. I do love picking out the fabrics I put together. In a previous post of several pillowcases (dated 8/24/19) I shamefacedly referred to making pillowcases as a stalling tactic when I had a bigger project I was indecisive on. My daughter in her comment said my pillowcases were "stash busting" a much more favorable way to look at this guilty pleasure of mine. One more closeup – don't these pups just make you smile?

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what exactly about turning a lovely piece of fabric into a useable object counts as a "guilty pleasure," but these dogs definitely make me smile!

    ReplyDelete