Saturday, September 19, 2020

Third Saturday of September 2020

For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this month, the theme was fall. I chose to display three quilts in orange or straw colored hues.


The straw color in the largest quilt made me think of hay bales, hay rides, and corn mazes typical of fall. Fifty Shades of Taupe caught my eye as a kit from McCall's Quilting magazines, the Spring 2013 edition of America Makes Fast Quilts. I renamed it. It was published as Odds and EndsMy 6/29/2020 post is my last of five posts on the making of this quilt. It measures 60½" by 79½".


The trees in the medium sized quilt titled Orange and Grey have very sparse leaves which are not green; hence this quilt speaks fall to me with a modern twist.  Orange and Grey measures 40" x 50" and is made with fabrics by Lotta JansdotterMy 8/10/2016 post describes its completion.


The pumpkin wall hanging, because of the subject and the orange colors, says autumn to me. It measures 31" x 39". The pumpkin blocks were contributions from guild members; I won them as part of a Block of the Month activity. My 10/31/2017 post  describes this pumpkin wall hanging's completion and quilting.

Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment