Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Burp Cloths for January 2021 Baby

Another granddaughter on the way means it is time for more burp cloths. There has been a run on babies of late and I've made 14 of these as gifts for friends so far in 2020 (posts for 2/27/20 and 6/8/20). I actually had to BUY some more flannel in feminine colors since my dwindling stash was mostly boy colors. I made 12 burp cloths in 6 complementary pairs that span quite a menagerie. There are piggies, giraffes, zebras, rhinos, elephants, sheep, narwhales, seagulls, seahorses, crabs, fish, and bears. I did not realize until writing this up that I was so creature-focused. I made another two individual burp cloths, in pink and purple, her big sisters' colors of choice. Those two may very well be repurposed by them as doll blankets. Fourteen burp cloths means one a day for two weeks with having to do laundry. Hah... is that ever dreaming!









Here are the selvages from most of the flannels I used, two fat quarters for each burp cloth. I am glad to report my flannel stash is now 7 yards lighter. As soon as I have triple pre-washed them, I will send these burp cloths off to my son and daughter-in-law. The baby girl is not due until January but best to be prepared. Instructions for making burp cloths like these are in my post for 6/18/24.

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - MORE burp cloths! I have at least 30 burp cloths that you previously made for us stacked in the closet. That doesn't include other ones given or sewn for us or the huge stack that I handed down to my sister. I admit, I certainly use more than one burp cloth/day, but I'm pretty sure I still have more than enough to go weeks between burp cloth laundry loads! And as for doll blankets, we have so many of those, too (I just went through all of the kids' toys). Anything a foot and a half by a foot and a half (give or take) that needs to be covered or wiped up is well set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every new baby deserves her own fresh burp cloths not previously puked on by siblings. And my flannel drawer needs frequent refreshing. Plus I enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete