Saturday, November 21, 2020

Third Saturday of November 2020

For "Hang Your Quilt Day" this month, the theme was Thanksgiving. I scrambled to make up some smaller quilts for this holiday since I had none other than the pumpkin one on the lower right. I actually enjoyed playing with the muted golden color scheme which is not the norm for me.


The checkerboard quilt hanging on the left measures 40" x 40" and its title is Gobble. The nine Ohio Star blocks that make it up have novelties fabrics of turkey and Indian corn. My 11/8/2020 post gives closeups and more details.


The Pumpkin Time quilt hanging in the center measures 42" x 50" and was made this past week from a several-year-old panel and some re-purposed checkerboard blocks from a previous project. The central pathway in each of the five images leads to a quaint home. I wanted this quilt hung for the third Saturday of November so the quilting on it is minimal due to my self-imposed time crunch, but I may do more. The descriptive blog post on it is yet to come. I was too hard-pressed to complete it to blog about it. Update: My post about sewing Pumpkin Time is dated 11/22/2020.


The 30" x 33" wall hanging titled Harvest Moon, hanging in the upper right, came from a long-forgotten kit. I had fun with the chicken print backing on this one; but check my post for 11/9/2020 for more details.


The pumpkin wall hanging on the bottom right measures 31" x 39". The final quilt on the lower right is a repeat from the third Saturdays of September (9/19/2020) and October (10/18/2020); but, hey, pumpkins are good throughout the fall months. My 10/31/2017 post describes its completion and quilting.


Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment