Sunday, June 6, 2021

Superhero Project Bags

Every one in my daughter's family of four is an Avenger or Superheroes fan. For their visit from to CA from OKC in June I made each of them project bags from the Piecemaker Project Bag pattern offered ByAnnie.  In this post I show the front, the back,  and the inside for each of the four bags I made for my daughter Robin's family. I have a published post dated April 9, 2021 featuring six bags I made previously for my son Dan's family of six.

This first bag is for my grandson, five-year-old Isaiah. He might claim he is too old for these primary colors but I think he will like the characters. I have been studying movies from the Marvel universe in preparation for his visit and at least now I can recognize Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Falcon.




For my granddaughter, Autumn, age 8, I drew from my fat quarter bundle of DC Comic characters because of the female options. That cast of characters included Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and Supergirl.
 



For my daughter, Robin, I again stayed with the DC line of female superheroes. I centered an image of sexy Wonder Woman on the back because any woman who holds down a full time job as an electrical engineer and manages to keep a family of four functioning and happy is a wonder. She serges up a storm with knit clothing plus bakes a fantastic pumpkin pie and yummy chocolate chip cookies.




Finally for my son-in-law Jeremy I featured the collection of Marvel universe characters again ,but in a more adult color palette than his son and a finer scale print for the lining. The muted grays and black are more subdued but I could not resist zapping up the project bag a bit with the vibrant turquoise trim and handle.




My daughter's family arrived yesterday and I gave them their bags. I had placed them on the central counter top upstairs outside their bedrooms for a "formal" presentation once they got settled from their traveling. But, since five-year old Isaiah discovered them early and dug in, there was a change of plans. "formal" does not work with kids – free for all is much more successful. All is good and everyone got his own bag. When the fabric did not give it away, the contents I spiked them with did...Legos, handy tools, magnetic Avenger and Frozen "paper" dolls, fancy socks, magic markers, etc. They were fun – both to make and open.

1 comment:

  1. These are still sitting in a place of honor on my dresser - we need to get up the nerve to use them! but the colors and the craftsmanship are impeccable, so we're glad they're ours! Isaiah especially ;-)

    ReplyDelete