Saturday, June 19, 2021

Third Saturday of June 2021

The theme for "Hang Your Quilt Day" this June was a choice of  "June's Blooms" or something patriotic. I chose to hang my Out of the Blue quilt made from Kaffe Fassett florals. I do not have many floral quilts mainly because I rarely purchase floral fabric. Hmm... I will need to remedy that. The florals in this quilt came from a kit. Details about my FMQ on Out of the Blue and how it got its name can be found at my post dated 8/16/17Out of the Blue measures 63" x 63".


When I photograph my quilts on "Hang Your Quilt Day" I always like to include our WELCOME sign and its inverse shadow in the image.


Just the other day – June 14, Flag Day – I grabbed some images of our front area – the blooms looked so pretty. I also lingered outdoors that day to enjoy; but not today or yesterday when the temperature reached over 105° both days. I will just gaze on the June blooms in these photos instead.



Hang Your Quilt Day Beginnings
Beginning April 2020, my quilt guild members began a tradition of hanging quilts in the front of their homes on the third Saturday of the month as a source of enjoyment for the community and as a thank you for the essential workers during the pandemic. My initial post about this practice is dated 4/22/20. I am pleased to see the displays are still going on and even more pleased that the pandemic restrictions are easing up.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt and your garden are beautiful. I was shopping today at a garden center and a lady noticed my straw hat with my handmade yo-yo hat band. She commented on it and I told her that I'm a quilter. She was too and invited me to attend one of their quilting guile meetings. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the Blue is nice, but the natural blooms you picked to decorate the house look even nicer!

    ReplyDelete