Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Sewing-Themed Project Bag

I am hooked on making these project bags from the free pattern Piecekeepers ByAnnie. This is my twelfth one. The first six were for my son's family and one for my sister (post dated 4/9/21), the next four were for my daughter's family (post dated 6/6/21). This one is intended as a thank you gift to a quilting friend.The fabric choices were fun: a fat quarter of buttons for the main fabric and a fat quarter of straight pins for the inner lining. Pink mesh went best with the button and pin prints hence I added a pink houndstooth as my third fat quarter to be used for the binding and handles.



In my post dated 4/9/21 I summarized the needed supplies and the steps in the instructions. When assembling the front of the bag, there is a step to trim the bottom of the mesh – about ½" – before adding the bottom band and lining. That ½" matters so that the height of the front matches the height of the back. Twice now I have forgotten to do this trimming prior to adding the band. The first time I had to pick out a line of stitching (in my batch of four bags). The second time I had to pick out the line of top stitching as well as the stitching line itself (hint... this bag!). I am hoping that in future bags I will have finally learned my lesson. 

And there definitely will be more bags. I have bought sufficient Soft and Stable plus zippers and mesh in many colors from the ByAnnie website to make several more bags, enough to last To Infinity and Beyond.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute bag! We still haven't figured out what to do with ours yet, but we love the way they look!

    ReplyDelete