Sunday, March 5, 2023

Baby Girl Burp Cloths

The woman who has done my hair for over 25 years is finally becoming a grandmother. She raised two boys and so was thrilled to learn this grand-baby will be a girl. "Finally, Diane, I can do pink!" she exclaimed. I made four pair of flannel burp cloths for her, making sure they had pink or lilac or hearts or flowers... anything that would scream GIRL!

Pink gingham and cute kitties with pink hats have a definite feminine vibe.


Yes, the stripes are blue, but the pink bouquets of roses and the heart shaped blush on the cheeks of the baby elephants are girlish.
 

Hearts and stars in soft girl colors say, "Sweet dreams, little girl."


Lilac hearts and grey polka dots are soft and may also appeal to the tones that today's new moms are drawn to.


I have pre-washed these and enclosed a poem in the packaging. These burp cloths can be given to the new baby or stay at Grandma's house to be used there.

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow.
For babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. 
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!

These cloths have triple layers of flannel in the center section to be more absorbent. My blogpost for June 18, 2014 has instructions how to make these from two fat quarters each. They are fun and quick to make and a definite warmup to move on to larger more time consuming projects.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh - I love those starred ones. Congrats to your stylist, and I am sure those burp cloths will find good use in their new home!

    ReplyDelete