Monday, March 6, 2023

Bathing Beauties for My Husband

My husband and I were going into JOANN™ fabrics on a whim to look at their jigsaw puzzles. They have quite a selection in our Livermore store and we are hooked on buying and assembling them. As we walked in the door, there smack dab in front of us was their clearance rack of fabric. My husband immediately glommed onto a bathing beauty print. I will agree it was very striking and I did love the blue background. He loved other parts. I asked him if he wanted pillowcases out of it. He agreed that pillowcases would assure him sweet dreams.

I bought 2½ yards of fabric to make two king size cases. Because of the directionality of the print, 1¼ yards is needed to wrap around each pillowcase. The border and accent strip fabrics I would get from my stash. Even though none of the girls is wearing an Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, the fabric reminded me of that song and so I felt polka dots were an appropriate embellishment. Here is what my husband will see when he first opens his eyes in the morning.


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, Nice! I hope Dad enjoys the pillows: the final product does look pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete