Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Added Patches for Adventure Guides Vests

With my son's family move to Colorado from California they will no longer be able to participate in YMCA Adventure Guides since the organization is California based only. They still wanted to preserve the memorable vests they have with the patches they've earned for the various activities. I was asked to add three more badges and some feathers to their vests.  On the front I added the blue bordered round badge with a fire truck and a black bordered badge shaped badge with  a special agent  reference to Dan's, Vivian's and Lillian's vests.

On the back I added the feathers which are for attending chapel; the colors have no real significance. Each vest also got a white bordered Polar Bear Club badge indicating participation in an early morning dip in frigid waters. Those with a repeat plunge earned an icicle to be hung from the badge.


If I needed practice on threading my sewing machine I certainly got it with this small project. On the left are the orange teal and yellow colors for the feathers. On the right are the black, royal blue, and white for the patches. These colors matched the badges for the closely spaced zigzag stitching about the perimeters. The brown was used in the bobbin thread for all.


Following are the images of the fronts and backs of the three vests for my son Dan, aka Delicate Flower, and his daughters Vivian aka BookWorm, and Lillian, aka Adventurous Dolphin. These photos are before the attachment of the additional feathers and patches. Larger photos and the creation of the vests themselves with their first round of badges is available in my post for 7/23/23.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this for them. It's nice to know that their vests are "complete."

    ReplyDelete