Friday, February 3, 2012

Frog Burp Cloths and Sale Fabrics

While I was at the store, solely to buy US flag patches to sew on the knitted reindeer hat, I saw this adorable frog flannel– and it was on sale for $2.50/yd down from $6.99/yd.  I had to buy some for some burp cloths for a friend of my daughter whose is expecting a baby and has a frog themed nursery.  The royal blue flannel (also on sale) matched the frogs' eye color perfectly.  I came home and sewed two of them right up, and they are ready to mail off.



And while I was at the store I also bought Christmas fabric at 60% off Mary Engelbreit's Night Before Christmas Cloth Book Panel, and a knit afghan book Big Book of Quick Knit Afghans at 30%off and a magazine called Apronology at $1 off.  The afghans are made with a double strand of worsted weight yarn and size 17 circular needle but look really nice, not too chunky, and should make up quickly – with yarn I already have.  I also bought another end of bolt of Christmas scene fabric and some other selections of flannel beside the frogs- mostly dots of course. Sigh... I did not get to use my %40 off coupon because everything was on sale and the coupon is only good on regularly priced merchandise!

No comments:

Post a Comment