After concentrating on following a certain path precisely with the trees last week and with the Ghastlies figures this week, I was actually looking forward to quilting a free-form design on the bricks. I went with a swirl design, something rounded to offset the rectangularity of the bricks. My swirls are certainly not uniform; I think it would take a computer controlled long arm to do that, and that is a whole different look. Since I did not change thread color with each brick – yee-gads, that would be crazy! – the quilt stitch contrasts more on some bricks. They are okay. Not great, but okay. I trimmed up the quilt and it is ready for binding.
I was happy to re-configure my machine back for normal sewing with feed dogs raised, stitch-size automatic, even-feed engaged, quarter inch foot installed. Ah, this is my comfort configuration. I happily sewed on the zebra binding, mitered corners and all. All that remains for completion is to hand stitch the binding to the back and sign or label it in some way.
Here are my stats updated relative to my last WIP post. I exclusively worked the FMQ on the Ghastlies quilt this week. Since I did not want to upset my sewing machine's configuration for thread tension, pressure foot, feed dogs, etc. there are no new projects. The ongoing projects, or more correctly called, the stalled projects, are unchanged from my 2/19/14 WIP post and mostly awaiting FMQ. That was almost a month ago so I have repeated them here, primarily to remind myself.
Completed projects since 03/05/14 WIP post:
None – but the FMQ on the Ghastlies is complete
- Ghastlies baby quilt (begun in February 12, 2014 post)
- Classic Cars strip quilt (August 3, 2013 post)- need to back, quilt, and bind
- Grinch quilt (May 22, 2013 post) - all borders added, need to back, quilt, and bind
- Jack O'Lantern Trio (February 2, 2013 post) - awaiting FMQ
- Chicken quilt - awaiting FMQ
- Overlapping square wall hanging - awaiting FMQ
- Mask quilt (October 19, 2011 post) - hidden away awaiting inspiration for arranging hexagons
New projects since 03/05/14 WIP post: